Interested in becoming a mentor at First Tee – West Michigan? You do not need to be an excellent golfer – just to be able to have a good time and care for young people. Look at the upcoming schedule, and follow the simple steps below to become a mentor:
- Take a look at the schedule above.
- Each row represents a six-class session (12-hour volunteer commitment) that needs coaches.
- Sessions are color-coded for need:
- Red = 3+ mentors needed, Yellow = 2 mentors needed, Green = 1 mentor needed, White = no need for mentors
- Find a six-class session whose times align with your schedule
- As a mentor, we ask that you commit to a six-class session. No more than 2 absences/six-class session.
- Committing to six classes helps you build rapport with your class.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to take an online background screening serviced by First Tee HQ and NCSI.
- Background screening checks local and national databases.
- Screening costs $30 for first time volunteers
- First Tee of West Michigan receives a ‘green light’ or ‘red light’ based on the background screening.
- Following the background screening, you will be asked to complete a SafeSport training. This is a required training and will take about two hours to complete.
- Go through our 15-minute online volunteer orientation, which can be sent by Program Director Taylor Haudek (email@example.com)
- Arrive 15 minutes before class on the first day to get the scoop for your lesson!
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.