Junior Coach Spotlight
14 years old
Forest Hills Central High School
1st year as a junior coach
In Their Own Words:
Adam’s Favorite Nine Core Value: Responsibility – it’s up to me; I am the one myself and others depend on to make it happen.
What is your favorite part of being a junior coach? I love interacting with the kids, and making sure they are learning. At the same time, I want to help them have the time of their life! I love seeing the smiles.
Adam, pictured center, at The First Tee’s Eagle class this fall.
Adam’s fast facts, from Coach Tyler:
- Adam has been in The First Tee since he was seven years old, starting way back in 2012.
- Adam has advanced through each level at The First Tee within a month of his eligibility (9 at Par, 11 at Birdie, 13 at Eagle).
- Adam’s handshake is one of our best – and strongest. Shake his hand next time you see him.
- Adam aspires to be a Navy SEAL someday.
- Adam is a big Purdue Univesity fan…BOILER UP!
- If you’ve come to any of our nine Annual Golf Outings, you’ve likely met Adam on a tee box!
- Adam and his father John have played in the Golf Marathon fundraiser each of the past 3 years at Stormy Creek GC.
- Trips through The First Tee:
- Adam was selected through The First Tee for the Nancy Tennant Leadership Academy in 2019. He visited the University of Notre Dame and several other places throughout the trip.
- Adam also participated in The First Tee of Chicago’s Great Lakes Invitational last year, where he and his First Tee teammates took 2nd place at Cog Hill.
- Outside of The First Tee:
- Adam is also a longtime member of Boy Scouts
- Adam is also a longtime violinist
Your year-end gift before the close of 2019 will be matched, dollar for dollar by a local donor, to fund the junior coach program in 2020. Will you make a donation today?
Adam, age 8, when he started at The First Tee