Junior Coach Spotlight
15 years old
Coopersville High School
2nd year as a junior coach
In Their Own Words:
Aydin’s Favorite Nine Core Value: Perseverance. It is my favorite because I think it is a very helpful skill to have all your life. You can have perseverance with everything you do.
What is your favorite part of being a junior coach? I like to help the kids get better at golf. There was one time that a kid was not swinging the club the right way. I showed him how to grip the club and how to swing. After that, he was able to make contact with the ball easier.
Aydin’s fast facts, from Coach Tyler:
- Aydin and his brothers Dakota (16) and Owen (10) are fixtures at The First Tee since they started in 2016.
- Aydin advanced to the Eagle level (the 4th level in the program) in the spring of 2019.
- Aydin has a stylish flair on the golf course. He loves bucket hats and high socks. He also has a great sense of humor.
- Aydin’s humor makes him a great junior coach. Younger participants can relate to him easily and enjoy being around him.
- Aydin and his brother Dakota will receive top-notch individual golf instruction from Golf-Tec’s Ian Hughes this winter, thanks to Ian’s generosity.
- Trips through The First Tee:
- Aydin was selected through The First Tee for the Nancy Tennant Leadership Academy in 2018. He visited Harbor Shores Golf Course in Benton Harbor, Soldier Field in Chicago, and a host of other places around the midwest through that trip. The First Tee of Benton Harbor graciously hosted Aydin and two other First Tee students for this trip.
- Outside of The First Tee:
- Aydin is also a caddie at Kent Country Club, and aspires to be an Evans Scholar.
- He also will be joining his brother on the high school golf team for the first time this spring, at Coopersville High School.
Your year-end gift before the close of 2019 will be matched, dollar for dollar by a local donor, to fund the junior coach program in 2020. Will you make a donation today?