Spring is coming, and we are looking for 12 mentors in the Holland area!
You do not need to be an excellent golfer – just to be able to have a good time and care for young people. Follow these simple steps to become a volunteer coach in Holland:
- Take a look at the schedule below.
- Each row represents a six-class session (12-hour volunteer commitment) that needs coaches.
- Sessions are color-coded for need:
- Red = 3+ volunteer coaches needed, Yellow = 2 volunteer coaches needed, Green = 1 volunteer coach needed, White = Currently no need for volunteer coaches
- Find a six-class session whose times align with your schedule
- As a coach, we ask that you commit to a six-class session
- Committing to six classes helps you build rapport with your class.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to take an online background screening serviced by NCSI.
- Background screening checks local and national databases.
- Screening costs $30 to the volunteer
- The First Tee of West Michigan receives a ‘green light’ or ‘red-light’ based on background screening.
- Go through our 15-minute online volunteer orientation, which can be sent by Program Director Taylor Haudek (email@example.com)
- Arrive 15 minutes before class on the first day to get the scoop for your lesson!
We hope to see you this spring in Holland!